Next week’s release of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” quickly approaching. We want to know who is the biggest Star Wars fan in Kentucky, so we’ve asked our friends over at the New Circle Circular to help us out.
The winner gets six VIP tickets to Rogue One, including center seats and a lot of food and drink, for opening night at the Brannon Crossing Movie Tavern.
If you think you’re the biggest fan, send a video a video no longer than 60 seconds to HeyKentucky@lex18.com by Saturday 12/10/2016 at 12:00pm telling us why you are the “one-Kenobi.”
We’ll pick 3 finalists to compete on the air in the Ultimate Kentucky Star Wars Fan Showdown Monday evening. Read the contest rules below and Read the contest rules below and submit your entry here!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES – LEX 18/HEY KENTUCKY STAR WARS FAN CONTEST
EXPLANATION OF CONTEST RULES
1. The LEX 18/Hey Kentucky Star Wars Fan Contest (“the Contest”) is a contest sponsored by WLEX-TV (“LEX 18”) and Movie Tavern (hereinafter “Sponsors”) and subject to these Official Contest Rules.
2. No purchase is necessary. To enter the Contest, submit a video using the online form by Saturday 12/10 at 12:00pm telling us why you are the one-Kenobi. We’ll pick 3 finalists to compete next week here on the air in the Ultimate Kentucky Star Wars Fan Showdown.
3. There will be one (1) winner selected from the entries. Members of the New Circle Circular staff will choose the winner. The winner will receive tickets for themselves and 5 friends to the opening night of the new Star Wars Movie at the Movie Tavern at Brannon Crossing on Thursday 12/15/2016 at 7:15pm. This is a VIP experience and will include center seat tickets to the movie and food and beverage. The winner will be contacted by WLEX on 12/13/16 via phone and/or e-mail. Contact WLEX to arrange to pickup the prize. Prize must be picked up by 12/15/2016. The estimated value of the prize is $360. The maximum bill covered for food & drink at Movie Tavern is $300 for the group as a whole. Only one alcoholic beverage will be provided free to each person old enough to drink. The prize package does not cover gratuity for the Movie Tavern servers.
1. Contestants must be at least twenty-one (21) years old, have a valid driver’s license and must be a resident of the United States to participate. Contestants must have proof of citizenship (passport or state issued birth certificate along with a photo ID).
2. Illegible or incomplete entry forms will be discarded.
3. The winners will be notified by e-mail and by phone LEX 18. The prize cannot be transferred or exchanged. Winner may call LEX 18 to claim the prize if they learn their name has been drawn as set out in paragraph 3 above. Neither LEX 18 nor Sponsors shall have any responsibility for failure to claim any prize based on mechanical or printing errors, or allegations of telephone difficulties.
4. As a condition to being eligible to enter the Contest, or to receive any prize, all Contestants are by their entries submitted, subject to the terms of these Official Contest Rules as well as the statements contained in the entry form itself. As a condition to being awarded the grand prize, the winners must execute a written release of LEX 18 and Sponsors from any and all liability arising out of participation in the Contest and receipt and use of the prizes. (See “Agreements & Releases” below.)
5. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, levied on the receipt of the prizes shall be the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes are not transferable to third parties nor can they be resold, exchanged, or redeemable for cash.
6. All decisions of LEX 18 and Sponsors are final.
7. Determination of the eligibility and acceptability of all entries, Contestants and winner(s) are in the sole discretion of LEX 18 and the Sponsors and are final.
8. Winners must show proof of identification, including social security number, and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release.
9. Contestants are subject to and will follow, adhere to and obey the instructions and rules contained in these Official Contest Rules, and such other rules and regulations as may be established from time to time by LEX 18 and the Sponsors. LEX 18 and Sponsors reserve the right to change the rules and/or discontinue this contest at any time without prior notice.
10. No Contestant and no member of the Contestant’s immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, parents, siblings, children) or household members (whether related or not) shall be employees, officers, directors, representatives or agents of LEX 18, Sponsors or of any other contractor or sponsor associated with this contest.
11. All Contestants shall abide by, follow and adhere to the decency rules established by the FCC and by LEX 18 and the Sponsors and shall not have been convicted of a felony of any kind.
12. Contestants are not, nor shall he or she for any purposes be considered, an employee of LEX 18 or Sponsors, nor have any such opportunities been offered or promised to the Contestant, and participation in the Contest shall not be construed in any manner to constitute any offer of any such opportunities. The Contestants are not eligible for any benefits of any kind from LEX 18 or Sponsors of any nature whatsoever by virtue of his or her participation in the Contest.
AGREEMENTS & RELEASES
1. Contestant hereby consents to the broadcasting, publicizing use and reuse by LEX 18 and Sponsors, each of their parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, general or limited partners and their current and former directors, officers, shareholders, members, managers, agents, insurers, attorneys and employees, each of their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and their heirs, executors, administrators, estates, personal representatives, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns, (collectively “Releasees”) of Contestant’s voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, and any information contained in Contestant’s application to be a contestant in the Contest (collectively “Likeness”) as edited, altered, or modified by the Releasees, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity, in or in connection with the Contest. Contestant agrees the Releasees may use all or any part of Contestant’s Likeness, and may alter or modify it regardless of whether or not Contestant is recognizable. Contestant further agrees that LEX 18 may use Contestant’s Likeness and the materials in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement for the Contest. Contestant grants the rights hereunder whether or not Contestant is selected to participate in the Contest in any manner whatsoever and whether Contestant is the winner of any prize. Contestant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, actions, lawsuits, liabilities and expenses arising out of or relating to its use of Contestant’s Likeness. Contestant agrees not to make any claim against Releasees as a result of his or her submission of an entry in the Contest or the use of Contestant’s Likeness (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy and/or publicity). Contestant understands that Contestant will not be paid any money for giving Releasees these rights, or for signing this Agreement. This Release shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, assigns, trustees and administrators of the undersigned.
2. The Contestant shall and does hereby release, indemnify, hold harmless and discharge LEX 18 and Sponsors, each of their parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, general or limited partners and their current and former directors, officers, shareholders, members, managers, agents, insurers, attorneys and employees, each of their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and their heirs, executors, administrators, estates, personal representatives, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns, (any or all of the preceding a “Related Party(ies)) from any and all claims, causes of action, suits, liabilities, debts, obligations, rights, costs, expenses, damages and controversies of any nature or cause whatsoever (“Claims”), from the beginning of recorded time to the date hereof, including, but not limited to, those Claims arising out of or related to the Contestant’s participation in the Contest, that the Contestant, his or her successors, assigns, heirs, personal representatives, parents, legal guardians, agents and attorneys, have, ever had, or hereafter may have against LEX 18 or Sponsors, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, suspected or unsuspected, and whether caused or contributed to by LEX 18 or Sponsors. This Release shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, trustees and administrators of the undersigned.
3. LEX 18 is granted unlimited rights to use this media as they see fit. Entrant affirms they are over 21 years old and sole owner of the media. Entrant grants LEX 18 royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, promote, market, advertise and display the media for any purpose, in any form, media, or technology. Entrant releases LEX 18 from any and claims arising out of the use of this media.
Contestant hereby acknowledges that: (i) I have read the previous paragraphs of this document carefully, understand it and have been given the answers to any questions I might have had; (ii) I have honestly and accurately completed the application provided to me; (iii) I will immediately inform LEX 18 and the Sponsors if any information I have provided becomes false or incomplete; (iv) if any of the above information is found to be false or incomplete, it will be grounds for dismissal at any time from the Contest selection or prize-winning opportunity process; (v) even if I meet the above eligibility requirements, LEX 18 and the Sponsors have no obligation to consider my entry or award me any prize, same interview me, and/or select me as a contestant; (vi) even if I am selected as a contestant, or even if I am the winner of any prize, LEX 18 has no obligation to conduct the Contest or to broadcast or otherwise display my Likeness, even if the Contest is conducted; (vii) all decisions by LEX 18 concerning selection of the contestants are final and not subject to challenge or appeal; and (viii) LEX 18 has no obligation to return any materials submitted by me whether or not I am selected as a contestant or if I win any kind of prize.